This qualification reflects the role of individuals with significant experience in a senior administrative or management role who are seeking to develop expertise across a wider range of business functions. Recognising that Learners who undertake this qualification are usually exceptionally busy people, focused on building and managing dynamic businesses, we have designed the delivery to be highly flexible and totally aligned to the Learner’s own day to day business operations. It is “pracademic” – commercially practical and academically rigorous!
The qualification is suited to individuals who either possess significant theoretical business skills and knowledge, and want practical experience, OR those who have extensive practical skills and would like to gain a deeper understanding of business principles, and commercial knowledge – AND gain an internationally recognized qualification as part of their professional development.
If you want to consolidate and build pathways either to further educational, career opportunities or if you aspire to entrepreneurship, this is the ideal qualification for you.
This course will assist you to build on your existing strengths and enable you to ensure you have a safe, secure, profitable and successful business. You may select electives to address your personal professional development needs, or the commercial requirements of the business.
This qualification applies to individuals with various job titles including executive officers, managers, project managers, program consultants and program coordinators.
View this Qualification on training.gov.au.
There are no Core Units in this qualification. Course Structure consists of 8 Units of which:
- 6 elective units must be selected from the list below, with no more than 3 units from any one group; and
- 2 may be selected from the Units listed below, from this Training Package or from any current accredited course or endorsed Training Package at this qualification level or Diploma level.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
|Develop and implement strategies for intellectual property management
|Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
|Establish and review the business continuity management framework and strategies
|Manage knowledge and information
Online and/or Blended Delivery
Advanced Diploma of Business – BSB60215 (Release 1).
BSB Business Services Training Package (Release 3.0-4.0).
GEM Online Campus
The Learner is provided with User Name and Password to the GEM Online Campus, which enables access to the interactive Online Screen Guide; the Learner Guide (pdf); the Assessment Guide; and the Quick Reference Guide.
Study via face to face intensives; supported by Learner Guide, Assessment Guide; Online Seminars.
Nominal minimum hours of study plus individual research and on the job application is 1,800- 2,400 hours (normally over a period of 18-24 months); OR approximately 10 hours research and study per week for 18 months from commencement. During the balance of the time, learners will be engaged in work-based/simulated work-based (portfolio building) activities, assessments.
Assistance might be available for this qualification: gemcollege.edu.au/financial-assistance. State Government funding/subsidies may be available within your state. Please check with your GEM representative if you require clarity in this regard.
GEM College now partners with Study Loans as a great way for you to finance your course. Click here to find out more and apply.
Your tuition fee includes:
- Access to GEM Online Campus – and interactive Onscreen Guides
- Learner Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- Assessment Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- All essential reference materials.
- Additional Reference materials may be requested, to further enhance your learning, and these will attract an additional charge.
Contact our Administration Centre on (08) 8342 3316 for more information and payment options. Fees, charges and course offerings are subject to change. This fee can be paid using EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, cheque, money order or purchase order.
A limited number of Partial Scholarships are offered within Australia annually. A limited number of Offshore Scholarships are offered annually.
See Application for Consideration for Scholarship on the GEM website.
Course Fees: $6,500
**The optional Digiatal Marketing specialisations may be added for an adjusted total Course Fee of: $8,999**
Units listed on the Course Structure Tab that are market with an asterisk*, include the following converged Digital Marketing Topics:
Intro to Digital Selling
Social Media Research
Digital Sales Messaging
Social Account Management
Digital Sales Leadership
There are no prerequisite requirements for individual Units of competency. However, while there are no prerequisite formal requirements for this qualification, learners will need:
- Communication skills at a requisite level to complete the course
- Computer skills such as:
- Knowledge of common computing terms and word processing;
- Familiar with web browser software;
- Able to send/receive e-mail, including e-mail with attachments; and
- Proficient in navigating the Internet.
Computer hardware and software requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7 or higher; MAC OS X 10.6 or higher (recommended);
- CPU: Min. of 2 GB of RAM, Min. of 2 GB of spare disk space is recommended;
- Processor: 2.0 GHz processor or higher (32-bit or 64-bit);
- Monitor with at least 1024×768 screen resolution;
- Internet access: Minimum ADSL1 with a speed of at least 1.5Mbps;
- Valid personal email address;
- Speakers and microphone/headset;
- Adobe Reader;
- Word processing and presentation software e.g. – Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, etc; and
- In date web browser – e.g. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
Each applicant will be interviewed to:
- Ensure suitability of program for the individual and his/her current position and/or career path;
- Explore possibilities for RPL and/or credit transfer (as applicable);
- Identify special needs and determine reasonable adjustment (if applicable/required);
- Establish delivery mode(s) that match the requirements of the student;
- Inform important policies/processes (e.g. – student selection/admissions, privacy, payment/refunds, grievance/complaints processes, etc).
Articulation Pathways from the Qualification
On completion of this course, you could consider higher qualifications in this Training Package, the Training Package area of your vocational competence, or in the higher education sector. For instance, you may undertake a Graduate Certificate in Management (Learning) (BSB80515) or Graduate Diploma of Strategic Leadership (BSB80215) as a pathway to a postgraduate qualification.
Gaining University Entrance
A Certificate IV or Diploma may gain 6-12 months advanced standing in a university degree. Some Advanced Diplomas may be eligible for even more credit. Choosing a GEM College of International Business to University Pathway is a great way to get practical ‘job-ready’ skills and then gain entry to a university at an advanced stage.
A Graduate Certificate from GEM College of International Business, coupled with relevant industry experience, may gain entrance to post graduate qualifications.