If you’re asked to think of a scarce resource, does your mind immediately turn to forests, water, energy, or food supplies? Certainly each of these is important, for our standard of living, and indeed, for our survival. But, there is another important, vital resource that is also scarce and that is leadership.
Leadership has been researched extensively and leadership gurus abound – each has something important to say. All the elements of leadership are known, but they’re fragmented and scattered among a clutter of myths, anecdotes, and beliefs. These divergent theories are often contradictory: and one leadership approach won’t work in all situations, and there is little guidance on how to select the right theory for any specific situation.
What the Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management does is re-interpret existing knowledge, into the Unified Theory of Leadership.
The Unified Theory is based on observation of the world – both the real world of today and the studied world of yesterday.
The Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management reflects the role of individuals who apply specialized knowledge and skills, together with experience in leadership and management, across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
You will be provided with opportunities to use your initiative and judgment to plan and implement a range of leadership and management functions, within your real environment, with accountability for personal and team outcomes within broad parameters.
You will be provided with, and will discover, knowledge that will enable you to use your cognitive and communication skills to identify, analyse and synthesize information from a variety of sources and to transfer your knowledge into your commercial or community environment. You will learn how to apply creative or conceptual skills to express your ideas and perspectives to others, or to respond to complex problems that present themselves.
Whether you are working in a corporate environment, aspiring to leadership in a community organisation or to starting your journey as an entrepreneur – this qualification will serve you well in your chosen path.
View this Qualification on training.gov.au.
The Course Structure consists of 12 units – 4 Core units and 8 Elective units, of which:
- 4 Units must be selected from the listed Electives; and
- 4 Units may be selected from the listed electives or from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at Advanced Diploma level.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
|Contribute to organisation development
|Define recordkeeping framework
|Design and manage the enterprise quality management system
|Develop a marketing plan
|Develop and implement corporate social responsibility [listed as “Practice corporate social responsibility” in Packaging Rules
|Develop and implement diversity policy
|Develop and implement strategic plans
|Develop and implement strategies for intellectual property management
|Develop and maintain a customer engagement marketing strategy
|Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
|Develop, implement and maintain WHS management systems
|Establish and maintain strategic networks
|Identify and implement business innovation
|Manage employee relations
|Manage human resources strategic planning
|Manage innovation and continuous improvement
|Manage knowledge and information
|Manage strategic contracts
|Monitor corporate governance activities
|Optimise customer engagement operations
|Plan and establish compliance management systems
Online and/or Blended Delivery
Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management – BSB61015 (Release 3).
BSB Business Services Training Package (Release 3.0 – 4.0).
GEM Online Campus
The Learner is provided with User Name and Password to the GEM Online Campus, which enables access to the interactive Online Screen Guide; the Learner Guide (pdf); the Assessment Guide; and the Quick Reference Guide,
Study via face to face intensives; supported by Learner Guide, Assessment Guide; Online Seminars.
Nominal minimum hours of study plus individual research and on the job application is 1,800 – 2,400 hours (normally over a period of 18-24 months); OR approximately 10 hours research and study per week for 18 months from commencement. During the balance of the time, learners will be engaged in work-based/simulated work-based (portfolio building) activities, assessments.
Assistance might be available for this qualification: https://gemcollege.edu.au/financial-assistance/. State Government funding/subsidies may be available within your state. Please check with your GEM representative if you require clarity in this regard.
GEM College now partners with Study Loans as a great way for you to finance your course. Click here to find out more and apply.
Tuition Fees include:
- Access to GEM Online Campus – and interactive Onscreen Guides
- Learner Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- Assessment Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- All essential reference materials.
- Additional Reference materials may be requested to further enhance your learning. These might attract an additional charge.
Contact our Administration Centre on (08) 8342 3316 for more information and payment options. Fees, charges and course offerings are subject to change.
Fees can be paid using EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, cheque, money order or purchase order.
A limited number of Partial Scholarships are offered within Australia annually. A limited number of Offshore Scholarships are offered annually. See Application for Consideration for Scholarship.
Course Fees: $7,450
There are no prerequisite requirements for individual Units of competency. However, while there are no prerequisite formal requirements for this qualification, learners will need:
- Communication skills at a requisite level to complete the course
- Computer skills such as:
- Knowledge of common computing terms and word processing;
- Familiar with web browser software;
- Able to send/receive e-mail, including e-mail with attachments; and
- Proficient in navigating the Internet.
Computer hardware and software requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7 or higher; MAC OS X 10.6 or higher (recommended);
- CPU: Min. of 2 GB of RAM, Min. of 2 GB of spare disk space is recommended;
- Processor: 2.0 GHz processor or higher (32-bit or 64-bit);
- Monitor with at least 1024×768 screen resolution;
- Internet access: Minimum ADSL1 with a speed of at least 1.5Mbps;
- Valid personal email address;
- Speakers and microphone/headset;
- Adobe Reader;
- Word processing and presentation software e.g. – Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, etc; and
- In date web browser – e.g. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
Each applicant will be interviewed to:
- Ensure suitability of program for the individual and his/her current position and/or career path;
- Explore possibilities for RPL and/or credit transfer (as applicable);
- Identify special needs and determine reasonable adjustment (if applicable/required);
- Establish delivery mode(s) that match the requirements of the student;
- Inform important policies/processes (e.g. – student selection/admissions, privacy, payment/refunds, grievance/complaints processes, etc).
Articulation Pathways from the Qualification
On completion of this course, you could consider higher qualifications in this Training Package, the Training Package area of your vocational competence, or in the higher education sector. For instance, you may undertake a Graduate Certificate in Management (Learning) (BSB80515) or Graduate Diploma of Strategic Leadership (BSB80215) as a pathway to a postgraduate qualification.
Gaining University Entrance
A Certificate IV or Diploma may gain 6-12 months advanced standing in a university degree. Some Advanced Diplomas may be eligible for even more credit. Choosing a GEM College of International Business to University Pathway is a great way to get practical ‘job ready’ skills and then gain entry to a university at an advanced stage.
A Graduate Certificate from GEM College of International Business, coupled with relevant industry experience, may gain entrance to post graduate qualifications.