Online and/or Blended Delivery
Certificate IV in Recordkeeping – (BSB41715) (Release 2.0) .
BSB Business Services Training Package (Release 2.0).
GEM Online Campus
The Learner is provided with User Name and Password to the GEM Online Campus, which enables access to the interactive Online Screen Guide; the Learner Guide (pdf); the Assessment Guide; and the Quick Reference Guide,
Study via face to face intensives; supported by Learner Guide, Assessment Guide; Online Seminars.
Nominal minimum hours of study plus individual research and on the job application is 600 – 2,400 hours (normally over a period of 6-24 months); OR approximately 10 hours research and study per week (face-to-face/online) for 6 months from commencement. During the balance of the time, learners will be engaged in work-based/simulated work-based (portfolio building) activities and assessments.
If you are the kind of person who likes to bring order out of chaos by applying documented systems, which make things structured, well prepared, and easy to find, this qualification will suit you perfectly.
GEM College graduates in this course will be able to apply some understanding of the relevant theoretical knowledge relating to recordkeeping functions in an organisation, be that a community based organisation, a registered charity, a business or local government. While this qualification may apply to individuals whose sole workplace function is recordkeeping, it will also apply to people working in administration, research and development, marketing, manufacturing or human resources management.
The qualification applies equally well to people working in administration, or starting or running a small business.
The Course Structure consists of 10 units, 4 core units and 6 elective units, of which:
- 2 elective units must be selected from the elective units listed below or from an equivalent level qualification within the BSB Business Services Training Package;
- 4 elective units may be selected from the elective units listed below, or any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at the same qualification level; and
- if not listed below, 1 unit may be selected from either a Certificate III or Diploma qualification.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
|Monitor and maintain records in an online environment
|Provide information from and about records
|Review the status of a record
|Set up a business or records system for a small business
Assistance might be available for this qualification: gemcollege.edu.au/financial-assistance.
State Government funding/subsidies may be available within your state. Please check with your GEM representative if you require clarity in this regard.
Your tuition fee includes:
- Access to GEM Online Campus – and interactive Onscreen Guides
- Learner Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- Assessment Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- All essential reference materials.
- Additional Reference materials may be requested, to further enhance your learning, and these will attract an additional charge.
- Contact our Administration Centre on (08) 8342 3316 for more information and payment options.
- Fees, charges and course offerings are subject to change.
This fee can be paid using EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, cheque, money order or purchase order.
A limited number of Partial Scholarships are offered within Australia annually. A limited number of Offshore Scholarships are offered annually. See Application for Consideration for Scholarship.
Course Fees: $4,900
While there are no prerequisite requirements for entry into this qualification, preferred pathways for candidates considering this qualification might include:
- Certificate III in Recordkeeping (BSB30815) or other relevant qualification/s; OR
- With vocational experience in a range of environments providing administrative or operational support to business or records systems without a formal business qualification.
Articulation Pathways from the Qualification
After achieving this qualification you may undertake Diploma of Recordkeeping (BSB51715) or a generic qualification such as the Diploma in Business Administration (BSB50415) or a Diploma in Business (BSB50215).
Each applicant will be interviewed to ensure suitability of program for the individual and his/her current position and/or career path.
Gaining University Entrance
A Certificate IV or Diploma may gain 6-12 months advanced standing in a university degree. Some Advanced Diplomas may be eligible for even more credit. Choosing a GEM College of International Business to University Pathway is a great way to get practical ‘job ready’ skills and then gain entry to a university at an advanced stage.
A Graduate Certificate from GEM College of International Business, coupled with relevant industry experience, may gain entrance to post graduate qualifications.