Project Management applies in all sectors of industry. If an enterprise or business wants to modify, change or improve its process it is a project. When projects are structured and managed correctly they will meet the expectations of stakeholders. The highly qualified and experienced trainers of GEM College of International Business and it’s world class learning material will equip you with the knowledge and skills to do exactly that.
Graduates of this qualification will have developed a solid base in the fundamentals of project management and will be able to apply it in any industry or workplace. It will help you to significantly improve your ability to define and manage projects, while maximising productivity. Whether your aim is to improve your project delivery capability or attain formal qualifications and/or professional recognition, successful completion of this course will to help you to meet these and other needs. This qualification reflects the role of individuals who need to successfully apply project management skills and knowledge. Consequently, graduates will be able to:
· Manage projects in a variety of contexts, across a number of industry sectors;
· Fulfil project leadership and management roles and be responsible for achieving project objectives;
· Apply a sound theoretical knowledge base and use a range of specialised, technical and managerial competencies to initiate, plan, execute and evaluate their own work and/or the work of others.
Unlike many providers in Australia, GEM College offers you the full range of Elective Units of Competency published with this qualification and, if that is not a match for your specific needs we will help you to tailor your selection outside of those listed below.
This qualification may apply to a person who would typically be appointed as a – Project Manager (Industry Specific); Project Contract Manager; Project Vendor Manager; or Project Leader/Team Leader.
View this Qualification on training.gov.au.
The Course Structure consists of 12 Units. This qualification has 8 Core units and 4 Elective units of which:
- 4 elective units may be selected from the elective units listed below or any endorsed Training Package or accredited course at Diploma level or higher.
- Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome. They must not include the choice of the unit BSBPMG522 Undertake project work.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
|Build and sustain an innovative work environment
|Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining an organisation’s WHS management systems
|Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
|Facilitate continuous improvement
|Lead and manage team effectiveness
|Manage an information or knowledge management system
|Manage personal work priorities and professional development
|Manage project governance
|Manage project procurement
|Manage project stakeholder engagement
|Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the enterprise
|Verify client business requirements
Online and/or Blended Delivery
Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning) – BSB80615 (Release 1.0).
BSB Business Services Training Package (Release 2.0).
GEM Online Campus
The Learner is provided with User Name and Password to the GEM Online Campus, which enables access to the interactive Online Screen Guide; the Learner Guide (pdf); the Assessment Guide; and the Quick Reference Guide.
Study via face to face intensives; supported by Learner Guide, Assessment Guide; Online Seminars.
Nominal minimum hours of study plus individual research and on the job application is 1,200 – 2,400 hours (normally over a period of 12-24 months); OR approximately 10 hours research and study per week (face-to-face/online) for 12 months from commencement. During the balance of the time, learners will be engaged in work-based/simulated work-based (portfolio building) activities and assessments.
Assistance might be available for this qualification: gemcollege.edu.au/financial-assistance.
State Government funding/subsidies may be available within your state. Please check with your GEM representative if you require clarity in this regard.
Your tuition fee includes:
- Access to GEM Online Campus – and interactive Onscreen Guides
- Learner Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- Assessment Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- All essential reference materials.
- Additional Reference materials may be requested, to further enhance your learning, and these will attract an additional charge.
- Contact our Administration Centre on (08) 8342 3316 for more information and payment options.
- Fees, charges and course offerings are subject to change.
This fee can be paid using EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, cheque, money order or purchase order.
A limited number of Partial Scholarships are offered within Australia annually. A limited number of Offshore Scholarships are offered annually. See Application for Consideration for Scholarship.
Course Fees: $4,410
There are no prerequisite requirements for individual units of competency.
Articulation Pathways from the Qualification
On completion of this course, you would be able to apply for entry into a postgraduate qualification in Education at a University.
Each applicant will be interviewed to ensure the suitability of this programme for the individual and his/her current position and/or career path.
Gaining University Entrance
Choosing a GEM College of International Business to University Pathway is a great way to get practical ‘job ready’ skills and then gain entry to a university at an advanced stage. Thus, a Graduate Diploma from GEM College of International Business, coupled with relevant industry experience, may gain you entrance to further post graduate qualifications.