The Course Structure consists of 4 Units. In order to graduate from this qualification you will need to successfully complete 2 Core units and 2 Elective units of which:
- 1 Unit must be selected from the Group A Elective units listed below; and
- A further 1 Unit which may either be selected from the Group A/B Elective Units listed below or any other currently endorsed training package or accredited course at Advanced Diploma or above.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
|Conduct a career development session
|Develop and cultivate collaborative partnerships and relationships
|Establish career development services
|Identify and communicate trends in career development
|Implement advanced electronic technologies
|Implement improved learning practice
|Plan and implement a coaching strategy
|Plan and implement a mentoring program
|Review enterprise e-learning systems and solutions implementation
Online and/or Blended Delivery
Graduate Certificate in Management (Learning) – BSB80515 (Release 2).
BSB Business Services Training Package (Release 3.0).
GEM Online Campus
The Learner is provided with User Name and Password to the GEM Online Campus, which enables access to the interactive Online Screen Guide; the Learner Guide (pdf); the Assessment Guide; and the Quick Reference Guide.
Study via face to face intensives; supported by Learner Guide, Assessment Guide; Online Seminars.
Nominal minimum hours of study plus individual research and on the job application is 600 – 1,200 hours (normally over a period of 6-12 months); OR approximately 10 hours research and study per week (face-to-face/online) for 6 months from commencement. During the balance of the time, learners will be engaged in work-based/simulated work-based (portfolio building) activities, assessments.
If you are an experienced educator, or educational manager, seeking to open career opportunities, or to enhance your current competencies, this this qualification will be ideal for you.
This will equip you to apply both broad and highly specialised skills and knowledge in pedagogy and andragogy, and apply them in the field of educational management.
A GEM Graduate in this qualification will be able to make significant high level independent judgments in major planning, design, operational and management functions within highly varied or specialised contexts. It will equip you to lead change management, and organisational development in an organisation where learning is used to build capability and capacity. You will learn how to manage knowledge and how to harness learning to enhance existing practices and thinking, workforce capability and career development for personnel working with you.
You may find yourself with responsibility for, and managing a broad range of accountabilities for the structure, management and output of the work of others and/or for discrete educational management functions.
This qualification will equip you to lead an educational institution focused on innovation and shifting trends in education, and with specializations available in STEM, STEAM and STEMM Management, you will learn how to establish appropriate spaces, environments and infrastructure to prepare your students for the approaching tsunami of the Internet of Things.
A GEM Graduate who has chosen the specializations available within this qualification could expect to have doors open in the management of STEM, STEAM and STEMM education.
While this qualification may relate to professionals or managers in a Registered Training Organisation (RTOs); Universities, or a High School, or Senior Secondary College, it may equally well equip the learner for work in a Non Government Organisation delivering services in education.
Assistance might be available for this qualification: https://gemcollege.edu.au/financial-assistance/. State Government funding/subsidies may be available within your state. Please check with your GEM representative if you require clarity in this regard.
GEM College now partners with Study Loans as a great way for you to finance your course. Click here to find out more and apply.
Your tuition fee includes:
- Access to GEM Online Campus – and interactive Onscreen Guides
- Learner Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- Assessment Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- All essential reference materials.
- Additional reference materials may be requested, to further enhance your learning, and these will attract an additional charge.
Contact our Administration Centre on (08) 8342 3316 for more information and payment options.
Fees, charges and course offerings are subject to change.
This fee can be paid using EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, cheque, money order or purchase order.
A limited number of Partial Scholarships are offered within Australia annually.
A limited number of Offshore Scholarships are offered annually. See Application for Consideration for Scholarship on the GEM website.
Course Fees: $5,750
While there are no prerequisite requirements for entry into the Graduate Certificate of Management (Learning), possible pathways for candidates considering this qualification might include:
- A relevant Diploma or Advanced Diploma, or a relevant Certificate Level Qualification together with significant relevant vocational practice;
- Extensive relevant vocational practice, without formal qualifications; or
- A higher education qualification, together with relevant vocational practice.
Learners will need:
- Communication skills at a requisite level to complete the course
- Computer skills such as:
- Knowledge of common computing terms and word processing;
- Familiar with web browser software;
- Able to send/receive e-mail, including e-mail with attachments; and
- Proficient in navigating the Internet.
Computer hardware and software requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7 or higher; MAC OS X 10.6 or higher (recommended);
- CPU: Min. of 2 GB of RAM, Min. of 2 GB of spare disk space is recommended;
- Processor: 2.0 GHz processor or higher (32-bit or 64-bit);
- Monitor with at least 1024×768 screen resolution;
- Internet access: Minimum ADSL1 with a speed of at least 1.5Mbps;
- Valid personal email address;
- Speakers and microphone/headset;
- Adobe Reader;
- Word processing and presentation software e.g. – Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, etc; and
- In date web browser – e.g. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
Each applicant will be interviewed to:
- Ensure suitability of program for the individual and his/her current position and/or career path;
- Explore possibilities for RPL and/or credit transfer (as applicable);
- Identify special needs and determine reasonable adjustment (if applicable/required);
- Establish delivery mode(s) that match the requirements of the student;
- Inform important policies/processes (e.g. – student selection/admissions, privacy, payment/refunds, grievance/complaints processes, etc).
Articulation Pathways from the Qualification
Graduates of this qualification might (depending on their selection of Units), be eligible for credit transfer of up to 4 Units towards one of the following:
- BSB80615 Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning).
- BSB80215 Graduate Diploma of Strategic Leadership.
Graduates would also be able to apply for entry into a postgraduate qualification at a University.
Gaining University Entrance
Choosing a GEM College of International Business Qualification is a great way to get practical ‘job ready’ skills and then gain entry to a university at an advanced stage.