This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply highly specialised knowledge and skills in the field of organisational learning and capability development.
Individuals in these roles generate and evaluate complex ideas. They also initiate, design and execute major learning and development functions within an organisation. Typically, they would have full responsibility and accountability for the personal output and work of others.
This qualification may apply to leaders and managers in an organisation where learning is used to build organisational capability.
View this Qualification on training.gov.au.
The Course Structure consists of 8 Units. In order to graduate from this qualification you will need to successfully complete 2 Core units and 6 Elective units of which:
- 4 Units must be selected from the elective units listed below; and
- A further 2 Units which may either be selected from the Elective Units listed below or any other currently endorsed training package or accredited course at Advanced Diploma or above.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
Online and/or Blended Delivery
Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning) – (BSB80615) (Release 2).
BSB Business Services Training Package (Release 3.0).
GEM Online Campus
The Learner is provided with User Name and Password to the GEM Online Campus, which enables access to the interactive Online Screen Guide; the Learner Guide (pdf); the Assessment Guide; and the Quick Reference Guide.
Study via face to face intensives; supported by Learner Guide, Assessment Guide; Online Seminars.
Nominal minimum hours of study plus individual research and on the job application is 1,200 – 2,400 hours (normally over a period of 12-24 months); OR approximately 10 hours research and study per week (face-to-face/online) for 12 months from commencement. During the balance of the time, learners will be engaged in work-based/simulated work-based (portfolio building) activities, assessments.
Assistance might be available for this qualification: https://gemcollege.edu.au/financial-assistance/. State Government funding/subsidies may be available within your state. Please check with your GEM representative if you require clarity in this regard.
GEM College now partners with Study Loans as a great way for you to finance your course. Click here to find out more and apply.
Your tuition fee includes:
- Access to GEM Online Campus – and interactive Onscreen Guides
- Learner Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- Assessment Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- All essential reference materials.
- Additional Reference materials may be requested, to further enhance your learning, and these will attract an additional charge.
Contact our Administration Centre on (08) 8342 3316 for more information and payment options.
Fees, charges and course offerings are subject to change.
Fees can be paid using EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, cheque, money order or purchase order.
A limited number of Partial Scholarships are offered within Australia annually. A limited number of Offshore Scholarships are offered annually. See Application for Consideration for Scholarship on the GEM website.
Course Fees: $11,980
While there are no prerequisite requirements for entry into the Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning), possible pathways for candidates considering this qualification might include:
- A relevant Diploma or Advanced Diploma, or a relevant Certificate III or Certificate IV together with significant relevant vocational practice;
- A higher education qualification, together with relevant vocational practice;
- With the related BSB80515 Graduate Certificate in Management (Learning), which can credit you with as many as 4 elective units towards this qualification; or
- With extensive relevant vocational practice, without formal qualifications.
Learners will need:
- Communication skills at a requisite level to complete the course
- Computer skills such as:
- Knowledge of common computing terms and word processing;
- Familiar with web browser software;
- Able to send/receive e-mail, including e-mail with attachments; and
- Proficient in navigating the Internet.
Computer hardware and software requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7 or higher; MAC OS X 10.6 or higher (recommended);
- CPU: Min. of 2 GB of RAM, Min. of 2 GB of spare disk space is recommended;
- Processor: 2.0 GHz processor or higher (32-bit or 64-bit);
- Monitor with at least 1024×768 screen resolution;
- Internet access: Minimum ADSL1 with a speed of at least 1.5Mbps;
- Valid personal email address;
- Speakers and microphone/headset;
- Adobe Reader;
- Word processing and presentation software e.g. – Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, etc; and
- In date web browser – e.g. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
Each applicant will be interviewed to:
- Ensure suitability of program for the individual and his/her current position and/or career path;
- Explore possibilities for RPL and/or credit transfer (as applicable);
- Identify special needs and determine reasonable adjustment (if applicable/required);
- Establish delivery mode(s) that match the requirements of the student;
- Inform important policies/processes (e.g. – student selection/admissions, privacy, payment/refunds, grievance/complaints processes, etc).
Articulation Pathways from the Qualification
Graduates would also be able to apply for entry into a postgraduate qualification at a University.
Gaining University Entrance
Choosing a GEM College of International Business to University Pathway is a great way to get practical ‘job ready’ skills and then gain entry to a university at an advanced stage. Thus, a Graduate Diploma from GEM College of International Business, coupled with relevant industry experience, may gain you entrance to further post graduate qualifications.