This course will show you the four paths to discovering your own Core Purpose; explain the Rule of Three for effective leadership; and develop in you, the four capabilities required of leaders in any situation. Based on internationally renowned “Boost Business Results” coaching methodology and aligned to internationally accepted Units of Competency – this qualification has it all. If you’re asked to think of a scarce resource, does your mind immediately turn to forests, water, energy, or food supplies? Certainly each of these is important for our standard of living, and indeed, for our survival. But, there is another important, vital resource that is also scarce and that is leadership.
Leadership has been researched extensively and leadership gurus abound – each has something important to say. All the elements of leadership are known, but they’re fragmented and scattered among a clutter of myths, anecdotes, and beliefs. These divergent theories are often contradictory: and one leadership approach won’t work in all situations, and there is little guidance on how to select the right theory for any specific situation.
What the Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management does is re-interpret existing knowledge, into the Unified Theory of Leadership. The Unified Theory is based on observation of the world – both the real world of today and the studied world of yesterday. This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply specialised knowledge and skills, together with experience in leadership and management, across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
View this Qualification on training.gov.au.
The Course Structure consists of 10 Units – 5 core Units PLUS 5 Elective Units, of which:
- 3 Units must be selected from the listed Electives
- 2 Units may be selected from the listed Electives or from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at Advanced Diploma level or above.
Elective Units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
Online and/or Blended Delivery
Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management – BSB60420
BSB Business Services Training Package
GEM Online Campus
The Learner is provided with User Name and Password to the GEM Online Campus, which enables access to the interactive Online Screen Guide; the Learner Guide (pdf); the Assessment Guide; and the Quick Reference Guide.
Study via face to face intensives; supported by Learner Guide, Assessment Guide; Online Seminars.
Nominal minimum hours of study plus individual research and on the job application is 1,800- 2,400 hours (normally over a period of 18-24 months); OR approximately 10 hours research and study per week for 18 months from commencement. During the balance of the time, learners will be engaged in work-based/simulated work-based (portfolio building) activities, assessments.
Assistance might be available for this qualification: http://www.gemcollege.edu.au/financial-assistance/. State Government funding/subsidies may be available within your state. Please check with your GEM representative if you require clarity in this regard.
GEM College now partners with Study Loans as a great way for you to finance your course. Click here to find out more and apply.
Tuition Fees include:
Your tuition fee includes:-
- Access to GEM Online Campus – and interactive Onscreen Guides
- Learner Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- Assessment Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- All essential reference materials.
- Additional Reference materials may be requested to further enhance your learning. These might attract an additional charge.
Contact our Administration Centre on (08) 8342 3316 for more information and payment options. Fees, charges and course offerings are subject to change.
Fees can be paid using EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, cheque, money order or purchase order.
A limited number of Partial Scholarships are offered within Australia annually. A limited number of Offshore Scholarships are offered annually. See Application for Consideration for Scholarship on the GEM website.
Course Fees: $7,450
Entry to this qualification is limited to those who:
- Have completed a Diploma or Advanced Diploma from the BSB Training Package (current or superseded equivalent versions); or
- Have two years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience in an operational or leadership role in an enterprise.
Learners will also need:
- Communication skills at a requisite level to complete the course
- Computer skills such as:
- Knowledge of common computing terms and word processing;
- Familiar with web browser software;
- Able to send/receive e-mail, including e-mail with attachments; and
- Proficient in navigating the Internet.
Each applicant will be interviewed to:
- Ensure suitability of program for the individual and his/her current position and/or career path;
- Explore possibilities for RPL and/or credit transfer (as applicable);
- Identify special needs and determine reasonable adjustment (if applicable/required);
- Establish delivery mode(s) that match the requirements of the student;
- Inform important policies/processes (e.g. – student selection/admissions, privacy, payment/refunds, grievance/complaints processes, etc).
Articulation Pathways from the Qualification
On completion of this course, you could consider higher qualifications in this Training Package, the Training Package area of your vocational competence, or in the higher education sector. For instance, you may undertakea Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning) or Graduate Diploma of Strategic Leadership as a pathway to a postgraduate qualification.
Gaining University Entrance
A Certificate IV or Diploma may gain 6-12 months advanced standing in a university degree. Some Advanced Diplomas may be eligible for even more credit. Choosing a GEM College of International Business to University Pathway is a great way to get practical ‘job ready’ skills and then gain entry to a university at an advanced stage.
A Graduate Certificate/Diploma from GEM College of International Business, coupled with relevant industry experience, may gain entrance to post graduate qualifications