The Advanced Diploma of Business is ideal for entrepreneurs, or those working within business. Create your preferred formula for success by selecting your preferred courses.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of Business Services job roles. These individuals may have general management accountabilities.
We recognise that most Learners who undertake this qualification are exceptionally busy people, focused on building and managing dynamic businesses. Thus, we have designed the delivery to be highly flexible and totally aligned to the Learner’s own day to day business operations. It is “pracademic” – commercially practical and academically rigorous!
The Advanced Diploma of Business is suited to individuals who are responsible for the supervision and leadership of a team or work area (including by managing staff performance and making staffing decisions).
This course will assist you to build on your existing strengths and enable you to ensure you have a safe, secure, profitable and successful business. You may select electives to address:
• Your personal professional development needs; and/or
• The commercial requirements of the business.
Career Opportunities/Vocational Outcomes
The Advanced Diploma of Business applies to individuals with various job titles including:
- Executive Officers;
- Project Managers;
- Program Consultants; and
- Program Coordinators.
View this Qualification on training.gov.au.
The Course Structure requires that learners successfully complete 10 units, namely – 5 Core; and 5 Electives. 3 Elective Units must be selected from the list of Group A Electives below, while the remainder will be drawn from:
- Up to 2 Electives may be selected from elective Groups A and B; or
- If not listed, up to 2 Electives may be selected from a Diploma or Advanced Diploma, from any currently endorsed Training Package qualification or accredited course.
Elective Units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
Online and/or Blended Delivery
Advanced Diploma of Business – BSB60120
BSB Business Services Training Package
GEM Online Campus
The Learner is provided with User Name and Password to the GEM Online Campus, which enables access to the interactive Online Screen Guide; the Learner Guide (pdf); the Assessment Guide; and the Quick Reference Guide.
Study via face to face intensives; supported by Learner Guide, Assessment Guide; Online Seminars.
Nominal minimum hours of study plus individual research and on the job application is 1,800- 2,400 hours (normally over a period of 18-24 months); OR approximately 10 hours research and study per week for 18 months from commencement. During the balance of the time, learners will be engaged in work-based/simulated work-based (portfolio building) activities, assessments.
Assistance might be available for this qualification: http://www.gemcollege.edu.au/financial-assistance/. State Government funding/subsidies may be available within your state. Please check with your GEM representative if you require clarity in this regard.
GEM College now partners with Study Loans as a great way for you to finance your course. Click here to find out more and apply.
Tuition Fees include:
Your tuition fee includes:-
- Access to GEM Online Campus – and interactive Onscreen Guides
- Learner Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- Assessment Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- All essential reference materials.
- Additional Reference materials may be requested to further enhance your learning. These might attract an additional charge.
Contact our Administration Centre on (08) 8342 3316 for more information and payment options. Fees, charges and course offerings are subject to change.
Fees can be paid using EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, cheque, money order or purchase order. Note: GEM College may not accept upfront payments in excess of $1,500 from individuals, prior to a pre-enrolment discussion with a course advisor.
A limited number of Partial Scholarships are offered within Australia annually. A limited number of Offshore Scholarships are offered annually. See Application for Consideration for Scholarship on the GEM website.
Course Fees: $4,250
Entry to this qualification is limited to those who:
- Have completed a Diploma or Advanced Diploma from the BSB Training Package (current or superseded equivalent versions); or
- Have two years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience in an operational or leadership role in an enterprise.
In addition to the above, learners will need:
- Communication skills at a requisite level to complete the course
- Computer skills such as:
- Knowledge of common computing terms and word processing;
- Familiar with web browser software;
- Able to send/receive e-mail, including e-mail with attachments; and
- Proficient in navigating the Internet.
Each applicant will be interviewed to:
- Ensure suitability of program for the individual and his/her current position and/or career path;
- Explore possibilities for RPL and/or credit transfer (as applicable);
- Identify special needs and determine reasonable adjustment (if applicable/required);
- Establish delivery mode(s) that match the requirements of the student;
- Inform important policies/processes (e.g. – student selection/admissions, privacy, payment/refunds, grievance/complaints processes, etc).
Articulation Pathways from the Qualification
On completion of this course, you could consider higher qualifications in this Training Package, the Training Package area of your vocational competence, or in the higher education sector. For instance, you may undertake a Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning) or Graduate Diploma of Strategic Leadership as a pathway to a postgraduate qualification.
Gaining University Entrance
A Certificate IV or Diploma may gain 6-12 months advanced standing in a university degree. Some Advanced Diplomas may be eligible for even more credit. Choosing a GEM College of International Business to University Pathway is a great way to get practical ‘job ready’ skills and then gain entry to a university at an advanced stage.
A Graduate Certificate/Diploma from GEM College of International Business, coupled with relevant industry experience, may gain entrance to post graduate qualifications