If you are able to imagine the future, are a high level thinker, with the ability to influence others this qualification will assist you to add structure to your goal setting ensuring your organisation implements its vision in a co-ordinated, unified manner. Be prepared to become a leader and manager, capitalising on learning to build organisational capability. This post-graduate qualification, provides a wide range of options, enabling graduates to gain skills that can be applied in industries and organisations anywhere in the world.
This Graduate Diploma reflects the role of individuals who apply highly specialised knowledge and skills in the field of organisational learning and capability development. Individuals in these roles generate and evaluate complex ideas. Graduates are also able to initiate, design and execute major learning and development functions within an organisation.
Individuals at this level make high level autonomous decisions and use their initiative and judgment to plan and implement a range of leadership and management functions in varied contexts. Leaders at this level usually have full responsibility and accountability for personal outputs and for the work or function of others.
If you like using cognitive and creative skills to review, critically analyse, consolidate and synthesise knowledge, in order to generate new ideas and provide solutions to complex problems, this is the ideal course. You will learn how to best use your communication skills to influence others, and to demonstrate your understanding of theoretical concepts and to:
• Transfer that knowledge and ideas to others; and
• Move your organisation forward in a cohesive, unified manner.
Career Opportunities/Vocational Outcomes
Examples of job roles include:
• Learning and development consultant
• Manager/head of department, registered training organisation (RTO)
• Organisational learning and leadership manager
• Training manager
• Workforce capability development leader
• Workforce planner
• Educational professional working within an RTO
View this Qualification on training.gov.au.
The Course Structure consists of 8 Units. In order to graduate from this qualification you will need to successfully complete 3 Core Units and 5 Elective units of which:
- 3Units must be selected from the elective units listed below; and
- The remaining 2 Units may either be selected from the Elective Units listed below or any Advanced Diploma, Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma from this or any other currently endorsed Training Package qualification or accredited course.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
|Contribute to the development of learning and development strategies
|Implement improved learning practice
|Lead strategic transformation
|Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving
|Contribute to organisational performance development
|Develop and cultivate collaborative partnerships and relationships
|Develop and implement business plans
|Facilitate knowledge management
|Initiate and lead applied research
|Lead and manage organisational change
|Lead financial strategy development
|Lead innovative thinking and practice
|Review enterprise e-learning systems and solutions implementation
Online and/or Blended Delivery
Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning) – BSB80120
BSB Business Services Training Package
GEM Online Campus
The Learner is provided with User Name and Password to the GEM Online Campus, which enables access to the interactive Online Screen Guide; the Learner Guide (pdf); the Assessment Guide; and the Quick Reference Guide.
Study via face to face intensives; supported by Learner Guide, Assessment Guide; Online Seminars.
Nominal minimum hours of study plus individual research and on the job application is 1,200 – 2,400 hours (normally over a period of 12-24 months); OR approximately 10 hours research and study per week (face-to-face/online) for 12 months from commencement. During the balance of the time, learners will be engaged in work-based/simulated work-based (portfolio building) activities, assessments.
Assistance might be available for this qualification: http://www.gemcollege.edu.au/financial-assistance/. State Government funding/subsidies may be available within your state. Please check with your GEM representative if you require clarity in this regard.
GEM College now partners with Study Loans as a great way for you to finance your course. Click here to find out more and apply.
Tuition Fees include:
Your tuition fee includes:-
- Access to GEM Online Campus – and interactive Onscreen Guides
- Learner Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- Assessment Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- All essential reference materials.
- Additional Reference materials may be requested to further enhance your learning. These might attract an additional charge.
Contact our Administration Centre on (08) 8342 3316 for more information and payment options. Fees, charges and course offerings are subject to change.
Fees can be paid using EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, cheque, money order or purchase order. Note: GEM College may not accept upfront payments in excess of $1,500 from individuals, prior to a pre-enrolment discussion with a course advisor.
A limited number of Partial Scholarships are offered within Australia annually. A limited number of Offshore Scholarships are offered annually. See Application for Consideration for Scholarship on the GEM website.
Course Fees: $7,500
While there are no prerequisite requirements for entry into the Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning), possible pathways for candidates considering this qualification might include:
- A relevant Diploma or Advanced Diploma, or a relevant Certificate III or Certificate IV together with significant relevant vocational practice;
- A higher education qualification, together with relevant vocational practice;
- With extensive relevant vocational practice, without formal qualifications.
Learners will need:
- Communication skills at a requisite level to complete the course
- Computer skills such as:
- Knowledge of common computing terms and word processing;
- Familiar with web browser software;
- Able to send/receive e-mail, including e-mail with attachments; and
- Proficient in navigating the Internet.
Each applicant will be interviewed to:
- Ensure suitability of program for the individual and his/her current position and/or career path;
- Explore possibilities for RPL and/or credit transfer (as applicable);
- Identify special needs and determine reasonable adjustment (if applicable/required);
- Establish delivery mode(s) that match the requirements of the student;
- Inform important policies/processes (e.g. – student selection/admissions, privacy, payment/refunds, grievance/complaints processes, etc).
Articulation Pathways from the Qualification
Graduates would also be able to apply for entry into a postgraduate qualification at a University.
Gaining University Entrance
Choosing a GEM College of International Business to University Pathway is a great way to get practical ‘job ready’ skills and then gain entry to a university at an advanced stage. Thus, a Graduate Diploma from GEM College of International Business, coupled with relevant industry experience, may gain you entrance to further post graduate qualifications.