IIf you enjoy bringing people and systems together, you’ll enjoy this course.
You’ll learn how to plan for the workforce you want, how to get great people through effective recruitment and hiring, how to measure their performance and how to retain them through effective employee compensation strategies.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals working in a variety of roles within the human
resources sector. The job roles that relate to this qualification may include Human Resources
Consultant, Human Resources Advisor and Human Resources Business Partner.
Responsibilities are likely to be determined at a workplace level. Some smaller organisations
may require employees to work across all aspects of human resources. In larger organisations,
individuals may coordinate a single human resources function.
View this Qualification on training.gov.au.
Online and/or Blended Delivery
Diploma of Human Resources Management – (BSB50320) Release 1
BSB Business Services Training Package (Release 7.0-7.1).
GEM Online Campus
The Learner is provided with User Name and Password to the GEM Online Campus, which enables access to the interactive Online Screen Guide; the Learner Guide (pdf); the Assessment Guide; and the Quick Reference Guide.
Study via face to face intensives; supported by Learner Guide, Assessment Guide; Online Seminars.
Nominal minimum hours of study plus individual research and on the job application is 1,200 – 2,400 hours (normally over a period of 12-24 months); OR approximately 10 hours research and study per week (face-to-face/online) for 12 months from commencement. During the balance of the time, learners will be engaged in work-based/simulated work-based (portfolio building) activities, assessments.
The Course Structure consists of 12 units. 7 Core units plus 5 Elective units, of which:
- At least 2 Units must be from the Group A and 2 from Group B below; and
- The remaining Unit may be selected from:
– Group A or B; OR
– if not listed, may be selected from a Certificate IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma from this or any other currently endorsed Training Package qualification or accredited course
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
|Coordinate human resource functions and processes
|Coordinate the learning and development of teams and individuals
|Coordinate workforce plan implementation
|Facilitate performance development processes
|Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
|Manage business risk
|Manage employee and industrial relations
|Coordinate health and wellness programs
|Coordinate rehabilitation and return to work programs
|Coordinate remuneration and employee benefits
|Coordinate separation and termination processes
|Develop and implement recruitment processes that are inclusive of people with disability
|Ensure a safe workplace for a work area
|Manage recruitment and onboarding
|Use human resources information systems
Assistance might be available for this qualification: http://www.gemcollege.edu.au/financial-assistance/. State Government funding/subsidies may be available within your state. Please check with your GEM representative if you require clarity in this regard.
GEM College now partners with Study Loans as a great way for you to finance your course. Click here to find out more and apply.
Your tuition fee includes:
- Access to GEM Online Campus – and interactive Onscreen Guides
- Learner Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- Assessment Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- All essential reference materials.
- Additional Reference materials may be requested, to further enhance your learning, and these will attract an additional charge.
Contact our Administration Centre on (08) 8342 3316 for more information and payment options. Fees, charges and course offerings are subject to change.
Fees can be paid using EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, cheque, money order or purchase order. Note: GEM College may not accept upfront payments in excess of $1,500 from individuals, prior to a pre-enrolment discussion with a course advisor.
This fee can be paid using EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, cheque, money order or purchase order.Note: GEM College may not accept upfront payments in excess of $1,500 from individuals, prior to a pre-enrolment discussion with a course advisor.
A limited number of Partial Scholarships are offered within Australia annually. A limited number of Offshore Scholarships are offered annually. See Application for Consideration for Scholarship on the GEM website.
Course Fees: $3,999
Entry to this qualification is limited to those who:
Have completed the following units (or equivalent competencies): BSBHRM411 Administer performance development processes; BSBHRM412 Support employee and industrial relations; BSBHRM415 Coordinate recruitment and onboarding; and BSBHRM417 Support human resource functions and processes. Equivalent competencies are predecessors to these units, which have been mapped as equivalent.
Have two years equivalent full-time relevant work experience. Learners will also need:
- Communication skills at a requisite level to complete the course
- Computer skills such as:
- Knowledge of common computing terms and word processing;
- Familiar with web browser software;
- Able to send/receive e-mail, including e-mail with attachments; and
- Proficient in navigating the Internet.
Each applicant will be interviewed to:
• Ensure suitability of program for the individual and his/her current position and/or career path;
• Explore possibilities for RPL and/or credit transfer (as applicable);
• Identify special needs and determine reasonable adjustment (if applicable/required);
• Establish delivery mode(s) that match the requirements of the student;
• Inform important policies/processes (e.g. – student selection/admissions, privacy, payment/refunds, grievance/complaints processes, etc).
Gaining University Entrance
A Certificate IV or Diploma may gain 6-12 months advanced standing in a university degree. Some Advanced Diplomas may be eligible for even more credit. Choosing a GEM College of International Business to University Pathway is a great way to get practical ‘job ready’ skills and then gain entry to a university at an advanced stage.
A Graduate Certificate from GEM College of International Business, coupled with relevant industry experience, may gain entrance to post graduate qualifications.