This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply advanced knowledge and skills in a range of strategic leadership and management roles.
Individuals at this level make high level autonomous decisions and use their initiative and judgment to plan and implement a range of leadership and management functions in varied contexts. Leaders at this level usually have full responsibility and accountability for personal outputs and for the work or function of others.
If you like to use cognitive and creative skills to review, critically analyse, consolidate and synthesise knowledge, in order to generate new ideas and provide solutions to complex problems, this is the ideal course to take. You will learn how to best use your communication skills to influence others, and to demonstrate your understanding of theoretical concepts and to transfer that knowledge and ideas to others, to move your organisation forward in a cohesive, unified manner.
View this Qualification on training.gov.au.
The Course Structure consists of 8 units, 2 Core and 6 Electives: 4 Elective units must be selected from the list below, while the remainder will be drawn from:
- 2 Elective Units from the list below; or
- If not listed below, up to 2 electives may be from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at Graduate Diploma level
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
|Lead personal and strategic transformation
|Lead the strategic planning process for an organisation
|Develop and cultivate collaborative partnerships and relationships
|Direct the development of a knowledge management strategy for a business
|Influence and shape diversity management
|Initiate and lead applied research
|Lead and influence change
|Lead and influence ethical practice
|Lead design and review of enterprise systems
|Manage financial resources
|Use financial and economic information for strategic decision making
Online and/or Blended Delivery
Graduate Diploma of Strategic Leadership – (BSB60215) (Release 1).
BSB Business Services Training Package (Release 2.0 – 3.0).
GEM Online Campus
The Learner is provided with User Name and Password to the GEM Online Campus, which enables access to the interactive Online Screen Guide; the Learner Guide (pdf); the Assessment Guide; and the Quick Reference Guide.
Study via face to face intensives; supported by Learner Guide, Assessment Guide; Online Seminars.
Nominal minimum hours of study plus individual research and on the job application is 1,200 – 2,400 hours (normally over a period of 12-24 months); OR approximately 10 hours research and study per week (face-to-face/online) for 12 months from commencement. During the balance of the time, learners will be engaged in work-based/simulated work-based (portfolio building) activities, assessments.
Assistance might be available for this qualification: gemcollege.edu.au/financial-assistance.
State Government funding/subsidies may be available within your state. Please check with your GEM representative if you require clarity in this regard.
Your tuition fee includes:-
- Access to GEM Online Campus – and interactive Onscreen Guides
- Learner Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- Assessment Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- All essential reference materials.
- Additional Reference materials may be requested, to further enhance your learning, and these will attract an additional charge.
- Contact our Administration Centre on (08) 8342 3316 for more information and payment options.
- Fees, charges and course offerings are subject to change.
This fee can be paid using EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, cheque, money order or purchase order.
A limited number of Partial Scholarships are offered within Australia annually. A limited number of Offshore Scholarships are offered annually. See Application for Consideration for Scholarship.
Course Fees: $11,980
Course Fees with Digital Marketing specialisations: $14,980
This course will have the following Specialised Topics (ie dual credit status to 2 Professional Diplomas). Units listed on the Course Structure Tab that are marked with an asterisk*, include the following converged Digital Marketing Topics:
Intro to Digital Selling
Intro to Digital
Social Media Research
Search Marketing (SEO)
Search Marketing (PPC)
Digital Sales Messaging
Social Media Marketing 1
Social Account Management
Social Media Marketing 2
Mobile Marketing Analytics
Digital Sales Leadership
Strategy and Planning
Entry to this qualification is limited to those who either:
- Completed a Diploma or Advanced Diploma qualification in related fields of study and had 3 years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience at a significant level of leadership and management responsibility and/or complexity in an enterprise; OR
- Have completed a Bachelor degree in related fields of study and 2 years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience at a significant level of leadership and management responsibility and/or complexity in an enterprise; OR
- Have had five years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience at a significant level of leadership and management responsibility and/or complexity in an enterprise.
Further to these prerequisite formal requirements, learners will need:
- Communication skills at a requisite level to complete the course
- Computer skills such as:
- Knowledge of common computing terms and word processing;
- Familiar with web browser software;
- Able to send/receive e-mail, including e-mail with attachments; and
- Proficient in navigating the Internet.
Computer hardware and software requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7 or higher; MAC OS X 10.6 or higher (recommended);
- CPU: Min. of 2 GB of RAM, Min. of 2 GB of spare disk space is recommended;
- Processor: 2.0 GHz processor or higher (32-bit or 64-bit);
- Monitor with at least 1024×768 screen resolution;
- Internet access: Minimum ADSL1 with a speed of at least 1.5Mbps;
- Valid personal email address;
- Speakers and microphone/headset;
- Adobe Reader;
- Word processing and presentation software e.g. – Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, etc; and
- In date web browser – e.g. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
Articulation Pathways from the Qualification
On completion of this course, you would be able to apply for entry into a postgraduate qualification in Education at a University.
Each applicant will be interviewed to:
- Ensure suitability of program for the individual and his/her current position and/or career path;
- Explore possibilities for RPL and/or credit transfer (as applicable);
- Identify special needs and determine reasonable adjustment (if applicable/required);
- Establish delivery mode(s) that match the requirements of the student;
- Inform important policies/processes (e.g. – student selection/admissions, privacy, payment/refunds, grievance/complaints processes, etc).
Gaining University Entrance
Choosing a GEM College of International Business to University Pathway is a great way to get practical ‘job ready’ skills and then gain entry to a university at an advanced stage. Thus, a Graduate Diploma from GEM College of International Business, coupled with relevant industry experience, may gain you entrance to further post graduate qualifications.