This qualification is suitable for autonomous individuals who identify and apply project management skills and knowledge in a wide variety of contexts. Job titles for these roles may include contracts officers, project administrators, quality officers and small business operators.
Individuals in these roles might be members of a project team, with no direct responsibility for overall project outcomes. Primarily, these roles would support wider project operations. They may use project tools and methodologies selectively to support organisational or business activities.
They will have broad factual, technical and some theoretical knowledge of a specific area or a broad field of work and learning.
View this Qualification on training.gov.au.
Online and/or Blended Delivery
Certificate IV in Project Management Practice – (BSB40920 ) (Release 1.0).
BSB Business Services Training Package (Release 7.0-7.1).
GEM Online Campus
The Learner is provided with User Name and Password to the GEM Online Campus, which enables access to the interactive Online Screen Guide; the Learner Guide (pdf); the Assessment Guide; and the Quick Reference Guide.
Study via face to face intensives; supported by Learner Guide, Assessment Guide; Online Seminars.
Nominal minimum hours of study plus individual research and on the job application is 1,200 – 2,400 hours (normally over a period of 12-24 months); OR approximately 10 hours research and study per week (face-to-face/online) for 12 months from commencement. During the balance of the time, learners will be engaged in work-based/simulated work-based (portfolio building) activities, assessments.
The Course Structure consists of 9 Units. This qualification has 3 Core units and 6 Elective units of which:
- 3 Units must be from Group A Elective Units below
- The remaining 3 Units may be from Group A, Group B or any endorsed Training Package or accredited course at Certificate IV level or higher or any other currently endorsed Training Package qualification or accredited course.
Elective Units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
|Apply project cost management techniques
|Apply project human resources management approaches
|Apply project information management and communications techniques
|Apply project life cycle management processes
|Apply project procurement procedures
|Apply project risk management techniques
|Apply project stakeholder engagement techniques
|Apply critical thinking to work practices
|Apply digital solutions to work processes
|Apply government processes
|Apply legal principles in contract law matters
|Collect, analyse and present workplace data and information
|Coordinate business resources
|Develop personal work priorities
|Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
|Implement and monitor procurement process
|Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
|Lead effective workplace relationships
|Maintain security of digital devices
|Manage personal health and wellbeing
|Support policy implementation
|Uphold and support the values and principles of public service
|Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment
Assistance might be available for this qualification: www.gem-college.com/financial-assistance.
State Government funding/subsidies may be available within your state. Please check with your GEM representative if you require clarity in this regard.
GEM College now partners with Study Loans as a great way for you to finance your course.
Click here to find out more and apply.
Tuition Fees includes:
- Access to GEM Online Campus – and interactive Onscreen Guides
- Learner Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- Assessment Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- All essential reference materials.
- Additional Reference materials may be requested to further enhance your learning. These might attract an additional charge.
Contact our Administration Centre on (08) 8342 3316 for more information and payment options. Fees, charges and course offerings are subject to change.
Fees can be paid using EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, cheque, money order or purchase order. Note: GEM College may not accept upfront payments in excess of $1,500 from individuals, prior to a pre-enrolment discussion with a course advisor.
A limited number of Partial Scholarships are offered within Australia annually. A limited number of Offshore Scholarships are offered annually. See Application for Consideration for Scholarship on the GEM website.
Course Fees: $3,750
While there are no prerequisite requirements for entry into this qualification, learners will need:
- Communication skills at a requisite level to complete the course
- Computer skills such as:
- Knowledge of common computing terms and word processing;
- Familiar with web browser software;
- Able to send/receive e-mail, including e-mail with attachments; and
- Proficient in navigating the Internet.
Articulation Pathways from the Qualification
On completion of this qualification, you may undertake a specialist qualification; ie Diploma of Work Health and Safety; Diploma of Human Resources Management; Diploma of Project Management; or a generic qualification such as Diploma of Leadership and Management OR Diploma of Business.
Each applicant will be interviewed to:
- Ensure suitability of program for the individual and his/her current position and/or career path;
- Explore possibilities for RPL and/or credit transfer (as applicable);
- Identify special needs and determine reasonable adjustment (if applicable/required);
- Establish delivery mode(s) that match the requirements of the student;
- Inform important policies/processes (e.g. – student selection/admissions, privacy, payment/refunds, grievance/complaints processes, etc).
Gaining University Entrance
A Certificate IV or Diploma may gain 6-12 months advanced standing in a university degree. Some Advanced Diplomas may be eligible for even more credit. Choosing a GEM College of International Business to University Pathway is a great way to get practical ‘job ready’ skills and then gain entry to a university at an advanced stage.
A Graduate Certificate/Diploma from GEM College of International Business, coupled with relevant industry experience, may gain entrance to post graduate qualifications