GEM College of International Business is committed to the ongoing improvements that will enhance the service that is provided to you, the client.
Should you have any grievance with the way in which GEM College of International Business has conducted business with you, we will be pleased to consider what you have to say. By doing so, hopefully, we will improve our service which, will in turn, benefit everyone accessing training through GEM College of International Business.
In the first instance, any grievance should be discussed with the trainer. If the Facilitator/Trainer cannot resolve the problem to your satisfaction, it will then be referred to the Training Manager. If the Training Manager was your first point of contact or if the issue is still not resolved to your satisfaction, then the General Manager shall endeavour to resolve the matter.
If, in the unlikely event we have not resolved the matter, we will refer your complaint to the Training and Skills Commission for a ruling. A participant can, however, approach the Australian Skills Qualifications Authority independently of GEM College of International Business or our licensor, Workright Australia.
GEM College of International Business hereby gives an assurance that no discrimination shall be made against an individual or organisation lodging a grievance. We view all criticism and suggested improvements as ways that will allow us to improve our service to you.
Note: The full detail regarding the grievance policy and processes is discussed with students during induction.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) *
- RPL is an informal learning pathway to formal qualifications under the Australian Skills Qualifications Authority (ASQA).
- It is a process of assessment of your skills, knowledge and competencies that relate to a course you are taking in any education or training sector, for the purposes of:
- Gaining entry to a formal program of education and training leading to a national qualification under the AQF, or
- Having that knowledge or skills assessed so it counts towards completion of your
- Knowledge and skills may have been acquired by actively participating in, voluntary work, Community organisations or through your own personal interests
You may apply for RPL by asking for the "RPL - Description & Application Process" document.For full details, request an RPL booklet. Pricing is included in the RPL document of each qualification.
Related Policies *
Related policies considered essential reading for applicants wishing to enrol are available on the College website via http://www.gemcollege.edu.au/student-policies/.