This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of Business Services job roles. These individuals may have frontline management accountabilities and carry out moderately complex tasks in a specialist field of expertise that requires business operations skills. They may possess substantial experience in a range of settings, but seek to further develop their skills across a wide range of business functions.
Our delivery of the Diploma of Business is highly flexible and designed to meet the needs of different people involved in different types of business activity. If you would like to start up your own business you can select from a range of entrepreneurship Units of Competence.
Those who are already involved in their own business, will have identified areas where they have strengths, and other areas where they need to enhance their competencies to ensure a safe, secure, profitable and successful business. Graduates in these roles carry out moderately complex tasks in a specialist field of expertise that requires business operations skills. They may possess substantial experience in a range of settings, but seek to further develop their skills across a wide range of business functions.
Students are encouraged to select electives to:
• Address their professional development needs; and/or
• The commercial requirements of the business.
If you are employed in a business (irrespective of its size) and want to improve your career opportunities. The Diploma of Business will assist you within your role, and on your career trajectory. It applies to individuals with various job titles including executive officers, program consultants and program coordinators.
This course will help you define your Strategic Intent, and show you how to achieve it through developing the Perpetual Business Plan… That’s just the tip of this great iceberg! This qualification offers maximum flexibility in what you want to study.
View this Qualification on training.gov.au.
The Course Structure consists of 12 Units. Graduates must complete 5 Core Units plus 7 Elective Units, of which:
• 2 Units must be selected from the Group A Elective Units listed below;
• For the remaining 5 Elective Units:
- Up to 5 may be selected from Groups A – I below; and
- if not listed, up to 2 units may be selected from a Certificate IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma from this or any other currently endorsed Training Package qualification or accredited course.
Elective Units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
This qualification can provide for specialisations as listed below. To find out more, select the specialisation title to download the respective specialisation brocure.
To achieve a specialisation, additional packaging rules must be adhered to. Thus, for Specialisation in:
• Operations, 4 elective units must be selected from Group A
• Leadership, 4 elective units must be selected from Group B
• Organisational Development, 4 elective units must be selected from Group C
• Compliance, 4 elective units must be selected from Group D
• Business Development, 4 elective units must be selected from Group E
• Digital Transformation, 4 elective units must be selected from Group F
• Records and Information Management, 4 elective units must be selected from Group G
• Procurement, 4 elective units must be selected from Group H
• Evaluations, 4 elective units must be selected from Group I.
|Adapt organisations to enhance accessibility for people with disability
|Facilitate performance development processes
|Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
|Lead diversity and inclusion
|Lead the development of diverse workforces
|Manage people performance
|Manage personal and professional development
|Manage team effectiveness
|Support employee and industrial relations
|Support staff members with disability in the workplace
Online and/or Blended Delivery
Diploma of Business – (BSB50120) (Release 1.0) .
BSB Business Services Training Package (Release 7.0-7.2).
GEM Online Campus
The Learner is provided with User Name and Password to the GEM Online Campus, which enables access to the interactive Online Screen Guide; the Learner Guide (pdf); the Assessment Guide; and the Quick Reference Guide.
Study via face to face intensives; supported by Learner Guide, Assessment Guide; Online Seminars.
Nominal minimum hours of study plus individual research and on the job application is 1,200 – 2,400 hours (normally over a period of 12-24 months); OR approximately 10 hours research and study per week (face-to-face/online) for 12 months from commencement. During the balance of the time, learners will be engaged in work-based/simulated work-based (portfolio building) activities, assessments.
Assistance might be available for this qualification: http://www.gemcollege.edu.au/financial-assistance/. State Government funding/subsidies may be available within your state. Please check with your GEM representative if you require clarity in this regard.
GEM College now partners with Study Loans as a great way for you to finance your course. Click here to find out more and apply.
Your tuition fee includes:
- Access to GEM Online Campus – and interactive Onscreen Guides
- Learner Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- Assessment Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- All essential reference materials.
- Additional Reference materials may be requested, to further enhance your learning. These might attract an additional charge.
Contact our Administration Centre on (08) 8342 3316 for more information and payment options. Fees, charges and course offerings are subject to change.
Fees can be paid using EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, cheque, money order or purchase order. Note: GEM College may not accept upfront payments in excess of $1,500 from individuals, prior to a pre-enrolment discussion with a course advisor.
A limited number of Partial Scholarships are offered within Australia annually. A limited number of Offshore Scholarships are offered annually. See Application for Consideration for Scholarship on the GEM website.
Course Fees: $3,999
While there are no prerequisite formal requirements for this qualification, learners will need:
- Communication skills at a requisite level to complete the course
- Computer skills such as:
- Knowledge of common computing terms and word processing;
- Familiar with web browser software;
- Able to send/receive e-mail, including e-mail with attachments; and
- Proficient in navigating the Internet.
Each applicant will be interviewed to:
- Ensure suitability of program for the individual and his/her current position and/or career path;
- Explore possibilities for RPL and/or credit transfer (as applicable);
- Identify special needs and determine reasonable adjustment (if applicable/required);
- Establish delivery mode(s) that match the requirements of the student;
- Inform important policies/processes (e.g. – student selection/admissions, privacy, payment/refunds, grievance/complaints processes, etc).
Articulation Pathways from the Qualification
On completion of this qualification, you may undertake Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management, or specialise with Advanced Diploma of Management (HR), or Advanced Diploma of Work Health and Safety.
Gaining University Entrance
A Certificate IV or Diploma may gain 6-12 months advanced standing in a university degree. Some Advanced Diplomas may be eligible for even more credit. Choosing a GEM College of International Business to University Pathway is a great way to get practical ‘job ready’ skills and then gain entry to a university at an advanced stage.
A Graduate Certificate/Diploma from GEM College of International Business, coupled with relevant industry experience, may gain entrance to post graduate qualifications.