Do you see yourself starting or building a career in office administration? Are you aiming to provide support to a team? The Certificate III in Business is suitable for all ages and provides the knowledge and skills required for employment in a variety of business settings. GEM College offers a wide range of options, which enables us to accommodate a wide range of needs. For instance, needs to – communicate in business, use business technology; produce workplace documentation; and a selection of basic bookkeeping Units.
The course will provide you with the skills required to perform common business-related tasks such as producing documents and handling customers. It reflects the role of individuals in a variety of Business Services job roles. Or, if you are looking to specialise, GEM College also provides specialisation – Customer Engagement; Business Administration; and Records and Information Management.
It is likely that people working in these roles are establishing their own work performance. Graduates of this qualification are able to carry out a range of routine procedural, clerical, administrative or operational tasks that require technology and business skills. They apply a broad range of competencies using some discretion, judgment and relevant theoretical knowledge. They may also provide technical advice and support to a team.
If you love setting up projects or have been called ‘the organiser’ by your friends/work colleagues, this course will help you find your professional calling. it can also serve as a springboard for further study, a promotion or when applying for a more senior role.
View this Qualification on training.gov.au.
The Course Structure consists of 13 Units. 6 Core Units plus 7 Elective Units, of which:
- 2 Elective Units must be selected from Group A
- 1 Elective Unit must be selected from Group B
- For the remaining 4 elective Units:
- Up to 4 Units may be selected from Group A, B, C, D, E or G
- If not listed, up to 3 units may be selected from a Certificate II, Certificate III or Certificate IV from this or any other currently endorsed Training Package qualification or accredited course.
Elective Units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
This qualification can provide for specialisations. To achieve a specialisation, the following additional packaging rules must be adhered to for specialisation in:
Where the learner has achieved the specialisations listed below, the job roles that relate to this qualification may include the following:
- Customer Engagement – Customer Service Representative.
- Business Administration – Administrative Assistant.
- Records and Information Management – Records Assistant.
The achievement of a specialisation will be identified on the Testamur as follows:
- BSB30120 Certificate III in Business (Customer Engagement)
- BSB30120 Certificate III in Business (Administration)
- BSB30120 Certificate III in Business (Records and Information Management)
|Collect and record data
|Create electronic presentations
|Design and produce business documents
|Design and produce spreadsheets
|Identify and report online security threats
|Protect own personal online profile from cyber security threats
|Record stakeholder interactions
|Securely manage personally identifiable information and workplace information
|Use business software applications
|Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment
|Use digital technologies to communicate in a work environment
|Write simple documents
Online and/or Blended Delivery
Certificate III in Business – BSB30120.
BSB Business Services Training Package
GEM Online Campus
The Learner is provided with User Name and Password to the GEM Online Campus, which enables access to the interactive Online Screen Guide; the Learner Guide (pdf); the Assessment Guide; and the Quick Reference Guide.
Study via face to face intensives; supported by Learner Guide, Assessment Guide; Online Seminars.
Nominal minimum hours of study plus individual research and on the job application is 1,200 – 2,400 hours (normally over a period of 12-24 months); OR approximately 10 hours research and study per week (face-to-face/online) for 12 months from commencement. During the balance of the time, learners will be engaged in work-based/simulated work-based (portfolio building) activities, assessments.
Assistance might be available for this qualification: http://www.gemcollege.edu.au/financial-assistance/. State Government funding/subsidies may be available within your state. Please check with your GEM representative if you require clarity in this regard.
GEM College now partners with Study Loans as a great way for you to finance your course. Click here to find out more and apply.
Tuition Fees include:
- Access to GEM Online Campus – and interactive Onscreen Guides
- Learner Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- Assessment Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- All essential reference materials.
- Additional Reference materials may be requested to further enhance your learning. These might attract an additional charge.
Contact our Administration Centre on (08) 8342 3316 for more information and payment options. Fees, charges and course offerings are subject to change.
Fees can be paid using EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, cheque, money order or purchase order. Note: GEM College may not accept upfront payments in excess of $1,500 from individuals, prior to a pre-enrolment discussion with a course advisor.
A limited number of Partial Scholarships are offered within Australia annually. A limited number of Offshore Scholarships are offered annually. See Application for Consideration for Scholarship on the GEM website.
Course Fees: $2,999
While there are no prerequisite requirements for entry into this qualification, learners will need:
- Communication skills at a requisite level to complete the course
- Computer skills such as:
- Knowledge of common computing terms and word processing;
- Familiar with web browser software;
- Able to send/receive e-mail, including e-mail with attachments; and
- Proficient in navigating the Internet.
Each applicant will be interviewed to:
- Ensure suitability of program for the individual and his/her current position and/or career path;
- Explore possibilities for RPL and/or credit transfer (as applicable);
- Identify special needs and determine reasonable adjustment (if applicable/required);
- Establish delivery mode(s) that match the requirements of the student;
- Inform important policies/processes (e.g. – student selection/admissions, privacy, payment/refunds, grievance/complaints processes, etc).
Articulation Pathways from the Qualification
On completion of this qualification, you may undertake a specialist qualification; e.g. Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety; Certificate IV in Project Management Practice; or a generic qualification such as Certificate IV in Leadership and Management OR a Certificate IV in Business.
Gaining University Entrance
A Certificate IV or Diploma may gain 6-12 months advanced standing in a university degree. Some Advanced Diplomas may be eligible for even more credit. Choosing a GEM College of International Business to University Pathway is a great way to get practical ‘job ready’ skills and then gain entry to a university at an advanced stage.
A Graduate Certificate/Diploma from GEM College of International Business, coupled with relevant industry experience, may gain entrance to post graduate qualifications