If you are in a general management role, and would love to specialise in Human Resources this is ideal for you. Or if you’re involved in training and development and would like to upskill for a management role – this course will equip you with all of the knowledge and skills that you need to progress to the next level.
If you can see yourself working as a human resources director, strategist and national regional or global human resources manager, this course can help you get there. In these roles you would provide leadership and support strategic direction in the human resources activities of an organisation. Their knowledge base may be highly specialised or broad within the human resources field. Responsibilities are likely to be determined at a workplace level. Some smaller
organisations may require employees to work across all aspects of human resources. In larger organisations, individuals may manage a single human resources function.
You may choose to acquire a highly specialised or a broad based understanding of the human resources field. A successful graduate would frequently be accountable for group outcomes
and for the overall performance of the human resources functions of an organisation.
View this Qualification on training.gov.au.
The Course Structure consists of 10 Units – 6 are Core Units and 4 are Elective Units of which:
- At least 3 MUST be selected from the Elective Units listed below;
- If not listed below, 1 Elective Unit 1 unit may be selected from a Diploma or Advanced Diploma from this or any other currently endorsed Training Package qualification or accredited course.
Elective Units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
|Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving
|Contribute to organisational performance development
|Contribute to strategic workforce planning
|Contribute to the development of employee and industrial relations strategies
|Lead and manage organisational change
|Manage organisational finances
|Adapt organisations to enhance accessibility for people with disability
|Contribute to the development of diversity and inclusion strategies
|Contribute to the development of learning and development strategies
|Develop and implement business plans
|Develop and maintain strategic business networks
|Ensure a safe workplace for a work area
|Manage business risk
|Manage innovation and continuous improvement
|Provide leadership across the organisation
|Review organisational digital strategy
Online and/or Blended Delivery
Advanced Diploma of Human Resource Management – BSB60320.
BSB Business Services Training Package
GEM Online Campus
The Learner is provided with User Name and Password to the GEM Online Campus, which enables access to the interactive Online Screen Guide; the Learner Guide (pdf); the Assessment Guide; and the Quick Reference Guide.
Study via face to face intensives; supported by Learner Guide, Assessment Guide; Online Seminars.
Nominal minimum hours of study plus individual research and on the job application is 1,800- 2,400 hours (normally over a period of 18-24 months); OR approximately 10 hours research and study per week for 18 months from commencement. During the balance of the time, learners will be engaged in work-based/simulated work-based (portfolio building) activities, assessments.
Assistance might be available for this qualification: http://www.gemcollege.edu.au/financial-assistance/. State Government funding/subsidies may be available within your state. Please check with your GEM representative if you require clarity in this regard.
Your tuition fee includes:-
- Access to GEM Online Campus – and interactive Onscreen Guides
- Learner Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- Assessment Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- All essential reference materials.
- Additional Reference materials may be requested to further enhance your learning. These might attract an additional charge.
Contact our Administration Centre on (08) 8342 3316 for more information and payment options. Fees, charges and course offerings are subject to change.
Fees can be paid using EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, cheque, money order or purchase order. Note: GEM College may not accept upfront payments in excess of $1,500 from individuals, prior to a pre-enrolment discussion with a course advisor.
A limited number of Partial Scholarships are offered within Australia annually. A limited number of Offshore Scholarships are offered annually. See Application for Consideration for Scholarship on the GEM website.
Course Fees: $5,250
Entry to this qualification is limited to those who have:
- Completed either the Diploma of Human Resource Management (BSB50320), or Diploma of Human Resources Management (BSB50618 – or a superseded equivalent version); OR
- Four years equivalent full-time relevant work experience.
In addition to the above prerequisite formal requirements for this qualification, learners will need:
- Communication skills at a requisite level to complete the course
- Computer skills such as:
- Knowledge of common computing terms and word processing;
- Familiar with web browser software;
- Able to send/receive e-mail, including e-mail with attachments; and
- Proficient in navigating the Internet.
Each applicant will be interviewed to:
- Ensure suitability of program for the individual and his/her current position and/or career path;
- Explore possibilities for RPL and/or credit transfer (as applicable);
- Identify special needs and determine reasonable adjustment (if applicable/required);
- Establish delivery mode(s) that match the requirements of the student;
- Inform important policies/processes (e.g. – student selection/admissions, privacy, payment/refunds, grievance/complaints processes, etc).
Articulation Pathways from the Qualification
On completion of this course, you could consider higher qualifications in this Training Package, the Training Package area of your vocational competence, or in the higher education sector. For instance, you may undertake a Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning) or Graduate Diploma of Strategic Leadership as a pathway to a postgraduate qualification.
Gaining University Entrance
Choosing a GEM College of International Business to University Pathway is a great way to get practical ‘job ready’ skills and then gain entry to a university at an advanced stage. A Graduate Certificate/Diploma from GEM College of International Business, coupled with relevant industry experience, may gain entrance to post graduate qualifications.