Leadership is not only about competencies it’s about context! Traditionally there are Natural Tensions between the way Managers and Leaders operate. Both are essential to the success of an organisation.
GEM College aims to bring the “mind of the manager” into alignment with “the soul of the leader”. This is like teaching eagles to fly in formation – a powerful combination! In this course you will learn to identify barriers to your leadership, and the importance of contextual leadership. You will also learn about the personal skills and the systems and resources that are needed to support your business, club, community organisation or local school.
Are you are an emerging leader or manager wishing to build the skills and expertise to pursue leadership and management roles in business? If so this course will help you to discover where you sit on the Leadership and Management continuum and assist you to find the balanced style to facilitate a successful team.
Graduates of the Certificate IV in Leadership and Management are able to demonstrate that they can assume responsibility for their own performance, while providing leadership, guidance and support to others. This course equips them with the skills required to exercise responsibility for organising and monitoring the output of their teams. They do so by applying solutions to a defined range of predictable and unpredictable problems. It further equips them with the ability to analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources.
The Certificate IV in Leadership and Management is equally suited to people working in a business environment, or those aspiring to entrepreneurship.
View this Qualification on training.gov.au.
Online and/or Blended Delivery
Certificate IV in Leadership and Management – (BSB40520) (Release 2.0).
BSB Business Services Training Package (Release 7.1).
GEM Online Campus
The Learner is provided with User Name and Password to the GEM Online Campus, which enables access to the interactive Online Screen Guide; the Learner Guide (pdf); the Assessment Guide; and the Quick Reference Guide.
Study via face to face intensives; supported by Learner Guide, Assessment Guide; Online Seminars.
Nominal minimum hours of study plus individual research and on the job application is 600 – 1,200 hours (normally over a period of 6-12 months); OR approximately 10 hours research and study per week (face-to-face/online) for 6 months from commencement. During the balance of the time, learners will be engaged in work-based/simulated work-based (portfolio building) activities and assessments.
The Course Structure consists of 12 Units. 5 Core Units plus 7 Elective Units, of which:
• 4 Units must be selected from the Group A Elective Units listed below;
• For the remaining 3 Units:
– Up to 3 Units may be selected from the Group A/B Elective below; and
– If not listed below, 2 Units may be selected from a Certificate IV or above, from this or any other currently endorsed Training Package qualification or accredited course.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
Assistance might be available for this qualification: gemcollege.edu.au/financial-assistance.
State Government funding/subsidies may be available within your state. Please check with your GEM representative if you require clarity in this regard.
GEM College now partners with Study Loans as a great way for you to finance your course. Click here to find out more and apply.
Your tuition fee includes:
- Access to GEM Online Campus – and interactive Onscreen Guides
- Learner Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- Assessment Guide for each Unit (pdf)
- All essential reference materials.
- Additional Reference materials may be requested, to further enhance your learning, and these will attract an additional charge.
Contact our Administration Centre on (08) 8342 3316 for more information and payment options. Fees, charges and course offerings are subject to change.
Fees can be paid using EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, cheque, money order or purchase order. Note: GEM College may not accept upfront payments in excess of $1,500 from individuals, prior to a pre-enrolment discussion with a course advisor.
A limited number of Partial Scholarships are offered within Australia annually. A limited number of Offshore Scholarships are offered annually. See Application for Consideration for Scholarship on the GEM website.
Course Fees: $3,925
While there are no prerequisite requirements for entry into this qualification, pathways for candidates considering this qualification will need:
• Communication skills at a requisite level to complete the course
• Computer skills such as:
– Knowledge of common computing terms and word processing;
– Familiar with web browser software;
– Able to send/receive e-mail, including e-mail with attachments; and
– Proficient in navigating the Internet.
Each applicant will be interviewed to:
• Ensure suitability of program for the individual and his/her current position and/or career path;
• Explore possibilities for RPL and/or credit transfer (as applicable);
• Identify special needs and determine reasonable adjustment (if applicable/required);
• Establish delivery mode(s) that match the requirements of the student;
• Inform important policies/processes (e.g. – student selection/admissions, privacy, payment/refunds, grievance/complaints processes, etc).
Articulation Pathways from the Qualification
On completion of this qualification, you may undertake a specialist qualification, e.g. – Diploma of Work Health and Safety; Diploma of Human Resources Management; Diploma of Training Design and Development; or a generic qualification such as Diploma of Leadership and Management OR Diploma of Business.
Gaining University Entrance
A Certificate IV or Diploma may gain 6-12 months advanced standing in a university degree. Some Advanced Diplomas may be eligible for even more credit. Choosing a GEM College of International Business to University Pathway is a great way to get practical ‘job ready’ skills and then gain entry to a university at an advanced stage.
A Graduate Certificate/Diploma from GEM College of International Business, coupled with relevant industry experience, may gain entrance to post graduate qualifications.