Press Reset – Update WHS Qualifications in line with WHS Harmonisation Laws
In August 2019, Premier Mark McGowan gave a firm commitment for WA to join nearly every other State and Territory in implementing the harmonised Model WHS Act, Regulations and other subsidiary legislation. The WA Government intends to combine three areas of existing State safety and health law into a single WHS Act, based on the Model WHS Act. Public comment closed on 26th November, and on December 9, 2019 the Work Health and Safety Bill 2019 was introduced in WA parliament.
You have shown your interest in Work Health and Safety in the past by undertaking Safety Representative, Safety Committee or earlier OHS qualifications with Scorpion Training Solutions.
Not only have the States and Territories changed step to embrace a harmonised national model, but Scorpion Training Solutions is now part of a national Registered Training Organisation, that has been an industry leader in WHS training since 1994.
Our Mission has never changed:
“to assist individuals and corporations towards achieving their highest potential and to help make Australia the safest place in the world to work”
In 1994, under our Workright Australia branding, we gained accreditation for the first nationally recognised, competency based training in Safety, Industrial Mentoring and Safety and Training Management qualifications in Australia. Ours was the first nationally recognised competency based training in Confined Space Entry and Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Substances to be recognised by industry, unions, education and the government of every State. Workright Australia has been ahead of the curve and remains a leading innovator in Work Health and Safety. We retain the Workright Australia brand, but have extended to offshore training, and our global brand is GEM College of International Business. Scorpion Training Solutions has joined the GEM College Group. To see more of our educational innovation which extends beyond WHS training (see https://gemcollege.edu.au/educational-innovator/).
Get Ahead of the Curve!
Gain the new qualifications from the recently released BSB Business Services Training Package (Release 5.0-6.0), and undertake training and assessment based on Model WHS Harmonisation Legislation, Regulations and Codes of Conduct:
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety – BSB41419 (Release 1)
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety – BSB51319 (Release 2)
Our highly qualified WHS trainers are practitioners in Mining, Construction and other high risk industries. Study via face to face intensives; supported by Learner Guide, Assessment Guide, Online Seminars.
GEM Provides Comprehensive Support
Update now! Stay relevant in a rapidly changing world!
- Gain 24/7/365 access to engaging interactive Online Screen Guides
- Receive comprehensive Learner Guides and Assessment Guides for every Unit
- All essential reference materials.
- Enjoy peer:peer mentoring with our educational managers
Start Immediately - Study at Your Pace
- Rolling enrolments means you can start immediately.
- Your study will relate to YOU, YOUR work and YOUR organisation.
- Self paced learning means your study fits into the demands of your life, your family and your work commitments
Enhance Your Career: Update Your Skills: Equip Your Organisation
- Research and incorporate best practice into your safety and training management
- Gain exposure to the latest legislation and training
- Become familiar with online learning
- Develop strategies for securing commitment
- Access templates for Induction, Site Management, Contractor Management, Safety Audits, Training Needs Analyses and much much more
GEM College has nearly 30 different qualifications for you to choose from. If you are wanting to lay a foundation for a successful career, gain promotion, or change direction – or if you just love learning – there’s something here for you. GEM College selects different study programs, and has special offers, from time to time for your consideration. Why not have a look and check out the following: